Saturday, February 14, 2009

Breakin' my heart

I am a bit sad tonight. This job situation has really got some folks I care about down in the dumps. First of all, I know exactly how they feel. I am having some job related issues myself. I am praying that I will be able to work through them but I have a couple of other friends who are really struggling.

First of all, I have a friend who had to go back to an industry that he wasn't really happy with because of the way things are in the economy right now. He is a real go getter and a hard worker. At first, he was excited about this job because it was more laid back that his previous work in this field because it wasn't cut throat. However, because he is such a go getter he is actually doing better than some of the others that have been there longer than him and there is some sour grapes and now the others are jealous and giving him a hard time. It just really sucks because he was so excited at first about this job and now he is so disappointed. I feel so bad for him and really there is nothing I can do except pray for him. However, that is doing a lot so I will keep doing that.

Next....my son. This is the one that breaks my heart the most. I was mad when he got fired from the job he had because it was for such a stupid reason. If he is using his own tools like he was, then he should be able to take them home if the others are not taking care of them. However, because he decided to do that...his boss fired him. In a way, it's probably a good thing because I really don't know how much longer that company would be in business. Anyhow, he has struggled trying to find work. He did finally find a job waiting tables. He used to do this and I know that it isn't really what he wanted to do but he was glad to have a job and was grateful. However, after just 2 days and he is miserable. He is working is a popular San Angelo resteraunt, however it isn't a place that really cares for someone with a Christian background and they are working him into the ground. 12 hour shift today with no breaks. I know it's Valentine's Day but that is just ridiculous and boy it pisses me off. I went there for dinner today and left him a big tip but he was just so sad. He just almost seems defeated. I have been praying for him a great deal tonight. Hopefully, he will make good tips and maybe that will help. He will always be my baby so you can't help wanting to take care of them and wanting to make things better for them, no matter what their age is or waht yours is but I do feel a bit helpless with this but I know that as long as I can pray, I am never helpless. I just ask the Lord to take care of my boy.

Actually, I want to just ask the Lord to keep all of us that are stuggling with a job situation in the palm of his hand and to look out for us and for hime to put us where he wants us to be. Perhaps we all 3 already are because in this world, it is his will that will be done and not ours.

I pray that God blesses all of you as well.

J.

No comments:

Post a Comment