Friday, January 23, 2009

Friends

So, what do I know tonight? I know that the Lord is good. I know that no matter how much we screw up our lives, that if we seek his face and ask forgiveness he gives it to us. I know this every single time I look into the face of my beloved grandson.

I also know that if you have a few good friends in your life, then you have it all. Sometimes I get a little lonely and sometimes I get a lot lonely. Doctors told me one time that they suspect I have been clinically depressed since I was 5 years old...maybe so, I know I struggle with it sometimes....however, I also know that if you have one or even two good friends then you are doing fabulous. There is absolutely no better feeling in the entire world than having one friend who knows everything about you, you can go to for anything and everything and they love you anyway. I am so blessed to have a friend like this and although I sometimes lose track of what is important in life, I have never taken her for granted and I continue to marvel at our friendship and consider myself so incredibly blessed to have a friend like her. She isn't superwoman. In fact, she is incredibly flawed, just like me. But she is a true friend and that folks is rare, especially in this date and age when so many things are superficial. I hope and pray that every single one of you out there are lucky enough to have a friend like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment